News Stream – September 2020
This month we highlight how the District worked diligently to adjust plans, projects and programs to minimize the financial impacts on our cities dealing with economic challenges from the pandemic. You can read more about it in our Proposed FY21 Budget and Rates Fact Sheet.
We’ve also got an update on restoring streams as part of the overall Bois d’Arc Lake project, how we continue our long-term strategic planning to accommodate the growth in suburban areas, resources to know more, water less, and ways to support planning for a statewide Fats, Oils and Grease awareness campaign.
Plus, industry resources, virtual events and more.
- No increase proposed for NTMWD water rates
- Trends in growth & climate drive water planning
- Conservation key source of water supply
- Important to flush pipes before facilities reopen
- New wastewater line under design
- Support planning for statewide FOG campaign
- Fall programs abound at Wetland Center for families and schools
- Virtual WaterWise Landscape Tour Coming in October
- Protect the lakes you love
Mark your calendar for these events happening within the District and our cities. Double check status with event organizer for any changes to schedule.
Sept 5: Walk & Talk Bird Tour (Seagoville)
Sept 8: Green Seminar: Build a Rain Barrel (McKinney – Virtual)
Sept 15: Pots in Small Spots: Container Gardening (McKinney – Virtual)
Sept 18: Before the S’mores: Wetland on the Rocks (Seagoville)
Sept 19: Boardwalk Getaway (Seagoville)
Sept 26: UPlantIt Program – Gardening Made Simple (AgriLife pick up day)